Here are the instructions for making this interesting stitch:
- Ch 3 after the double crochet you've just made. You need at least 2 or 3 chains to create space for the puff stitch you are about to make.
- Yarn over, then insert your hook from the front to the back in the space to the right of the post of the double crochet stitch you will be working around.
- Yarn over, pull up a loop. (3 loops on hook).
- Yarn over, insert your hook in the same spot as step #2, yarn over, pull up a loop. (5 loops on hook).
- Repeat step #4. (7 loops on hook).
- Repeat step #4. (9 loops on hook).
- Yarn over, pull through all loops on hook.
- You are done! Work at least one chain stitch to secure the puff or follow directions in pattern.
If you're a video person, here's the stitch in action: