These tutorials are the property of Stitch Diva Studios, and can not be reproduced or printed without the prior written consent of Stitch Diva Studios.
The art of crochet is enjoying a renaissance. Crochet is coming into its own after being treated as the ugly stepchild of knitting for so very long.
Check out our links for other crochet resources.
Choose from one of the tutorials below for further instruction on crochet. (All abbreviations are US Abbreviations, see our links for equivalents.)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Half Double Crochet (hdc)
- Double Crochet (dc)
- Treble Crochet (tr)
- Double Treble Crochet (dtr)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
Places to insert your hook
- Working into the Starting Chain
- Crochet around post of stitch from side of work
- Crochet into a chain space
- Crochet in between the posts of stitches
- Crochet in front/back loop only
- Crochet around post of stitch to create dimensional stitches
- Changing Colors at the beginning of a Row / Round
- Puff Stitch around a Stitch